- 600g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3cm ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 375g fresh pre-packed stir-fry vegetables
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime + wedges, to serve
- 200g rice noodles
- Mint leaves, torn, sliced fresh chilli (optional), to serve
Heat oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add onion and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add sauces and lime juice, season and toss to coat.
Prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Drain.
Divide noodles between bowls and top with mince mixture. Sprinkle with mint and chilli, if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
- Beef strips would also work well in this recipe.
- Any type of Asian noodles or rice would be a delicious base.
- If you have extra time you can prepare your own vegetables for stir-fry. Choose a stir-fry mix with onion and you can omit the onion from this recipe.
- Add some lemongrass for extra flavour – thinly sliced fresh lemongrass or lemongrass paste.