- 4 x 220g beef scotch fillet steaks, fat-trimmed
- 500g mini microwavable potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 250g grape tomatoes
- 2 large zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon + wedges, to serve
- 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 80g baby rocket
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves + extra, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
Microwave potatoes in packet for 4-5 minutes on HIGH (100%) or until tender. Set aside, keeping warm. Halve to serve.
Meanwhile, brush steaks with half the oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Preheat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
Reheat char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat, lightly oil pan and cook tomatoes for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened and charred. Place tomatoes in a large bowl, add remaining oil, zucchini, lemon zest and juice, capers, rocket, parsley and chilli, if desired. Season and toss to combine
Serve steaks with potatoes, sprinkled with extra parsley, salad and lemon wedges.
- Other steaks such as porterhouse or eye fillet would also work well in this recipe.
- Lemon pepper seasoning is available in the spice section of the supermarket.
- Use baby heirloom or cherry tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes.
- Remove seeds from chilli for extra heat; add a couple of finely chopped anchovies to the salad for extra saltiness.