- 600g beef rump steak, fat trimmed
- ½ cup (125ml) dark soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 small pear, peeled, cored, finely grated
- 125g fresh baby corn, halved
- 1 large green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 450g family-sized microwave brown rice
- Steamed Asian greens, green onions, thinly sliced, to serve
Combine soy, vinegar, ginger and pear in a medium bowl. Reserve half the marinade. Place beef in bowl with remaining marinade. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat a large lightly oiled char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook corn, capsicum and onion for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender. Set aside covered with foil to keep warm.
Reheat char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat, lightly oil and cook beef for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes.
Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
Thinly slice beef. Serve beef with char-grilled vegetables, rice, reserved marinade and Asian greens. Sprinkle with green onions, to serve.
- You can also thinly slice the rump steak prior to cooking or use beef strips – cooking time for beef will be reduced to 2 minutes.
- Use your choice of microwave rice – jasmine, coconut basmati or brown basmati would all work well.
- Swap rice wine vinegar for mirin (or use half mirin, half rice wine vinegar) for a sweeter marinade. Use salt-reduced soy or tamari (gluten-free) in marinade, if desired.