- 600g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped + extra sprigs, to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450g korma simmer sauce
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 x 250g packets microwave brown basmati rice
- Mixed leaf and cucumber salad, pre-cooked mini pappadams, to serve
Place mince, onion and coriander in a large bowl. Season. Using clean, damp hands mix to combine well. Roll a heaped tablespoon of mince mixture into a ball. Repeat to make 20 meatballs.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add korma sauce and tomatoes and stir well. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 4-5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Season to taste.
Prepare basmati rice according to packet instructions.
Divide rice between bowls and top with meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle with coriander sprigs and serve with salad and pappadams.
- You can buy korma simmer sauce and pre-cooked mini pappadums in the Indian section of your supermarket.
- Try Tikka Masala or Rogan Josh simmer sauce instead of Korma for a different flavour.
- Freeze any leftover uncooked meatballs or mince for another time.