- 4 x 200g porterhouse steaks, fat trimmed
- 500g “microwave in a bag” mini white potatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into batons
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 29g packet traditional gravy mix
- Chopped parsley, to serve
Heat a lightly oiled chargrill pan or barbecue on high. Cook steaks for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook potatoes in packet for 4 to 5 minutes on HIGH (100%) or until tender, adding carrots, broccolini and peas in a microwave safe container for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
In a non-stick frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. In a jug, prepare gravy according to packet instructions. Add gravy to pan, season and stir to combine. Simmer for 1 minute or until heated through.
Serve steaks with gravy and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley, to serve.
- Use any type of steak for this recipe – eye fillet, scotch and rump would also work well.
- Substitute potatoes with shoestring or sweet potato fries.
- Any vegetables of choice would work well and can be microwaved – snow peas, green beans, broccoli, and squash, to name a few.